Thursday, February 3, 2011

Remembering Grandpa Garrett

A year ago tomorrow (February 4th) will be the day we said goodbye to the most loving and fun Grandpa. I was blessed with many sweet memories with my Grandpa when I was very little. Visits to the Garretts in Utah are among my favorite childhood memories. Moving here after graduation and being able to form such strong relationships with my family here was the biggest blessing! I will always be grateful for that opportunity to be so near my Grandpa in his last few years. I just thought I would share a few things that were my favorite things about grandpa...
  • trident gum!
  • his jokes- always hilarious!
  • telling him long lengthy stories about who-knows-what! (when I was little)
  • when he'd fall asleep in the recliner at our house and SNORE- sooooo loud!
  • Satellite- cupping his hands behind his ears to get better hearing quality
  • which went with always having the Closed Captioning on TV, which now we all prefer =)
  • when he bit Jason at the Raptors Game- best story EVER!
  • when Jason and I thought we were going to die on the drive home from the Raptors Game
  • Christmas 2008- when we were all here, together for Christmas
  • when he told me he really liked Tyler. Grandpa was the best judge of character.
  • when he asked Tyler and I, "When are you getting married?"- we'd been together a month
  • visits and walks down the hall at the care center during his last weeks.
  • Singing his favorite hymn as he left us.
  • Feeling his presence and his love in the bridal room at the temple. It meant everything to me to know he was there.
Love You Grandpa!

1 comment:

  1. Very sweet post Brittany. Grandpa I'm sure is proud of you!

    ReplyDelete